No matter what is the core of your business, SEO is a fundamental part of your work. Today, we will discuss what is SEO optimization and why is it important for your website and your business.
What does SEO stand for?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. It is the practice that increases your web page rankings in the search engine. This means, the better the SEO, the higher the rankings, so your pages appear higher in search results. This brings more organic traffic to your website and ultimately a SUCCESS to your business.
Why is SEO important to you?
SEO helps you understand what content are people searching for online, what answers they wish to find, the words they are using in their research. When you know the answers to these questions, you are more than able to connect with your audience. And your audience is those seeking the solutions YOU OFFER.
So.. the question is: What is your target audience looking for and how you can serve them better?
The answer to these two questions lies in the successfully established SEO strategy. There are 10 factors you need to know and work on:
1. Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
- The very first one is to make sure that your website is secure and accessible. This means that your website has to be supported by the SSL. This certificate creates a secure link between your website and the visitor’s browser.
Click HERE to find out more about the SSL certificate, where to find it, and how to install it.
2. Page speed and mobile page speed
- It is important to make sure that your website is fast loading. This profoundly affects your SEO.
3. Mobile friendliness of your website
- Most people browse the internet on their mobile phones. Therefore this is very essential for your website’s SEO and your successful business. This sometimes depends on the WordPress theme you are using. Some of them are not mobile-friendly, and if that is the case with yours, you can easily change it and install the one which is mobile-friendly.
4. Domain Age, URL, and authority
5. Optimized content
6. Technical SEO
7. User experience (RANK BRAIN)
- Inbound links
- Outbound links
- Internal links
9. Social signals
- Are you using social media and how are social media platforms helping you?
- Are your social media accounts driving traffic to your website?
- Is your social media working as a backlink for your website?
10. Real business information
Check out THIS FREE DETAILED TUTORIAL about these 10 ranking factors found on the Wealthy Affiliate platform.
What is a successful SEO strategy to establish your business and brand online?
The steps I am going to list in this chapter are to be followed at least once a month:
- Perform keywords research
Since SEO helps you find what your target audience is looking for, keyword research can help inspire new content on your webpage. Good SEO connects you to the audience who are searching for the solutions you offer. So at least once a month identify the information your visitors are seeking, and make a list of the top 10 keywords for your business.
I use JAAXY keyword research tool for this process.
- Optimize your website
Make sure your website has the SSL certificate up and running, check the website speed, and if your website is mobile-friendly on a regular bases
- Optimize your new content EVERY TIME, as soon as you create it!
- Keep building BACKLINKS
- Share your new content on social media to drive organic traffic to your website
This SEO formula should be applied at least once a month.
How else you can help your SEO?
Create a Google my business profile on google.com/business
There are many advantages to this feature:
- This is fundamental for local business owners. This account gives you more than a business listing. It is free, easy to set up and it lets you connect with customers across Google platforms like GOOGLE SEARCH and GOOGLE MAPS. The Google business profile will GROW YOUR SEO by pointing to your website and sending people from the Google business TO your website, page, online store.
- Google my business account helps you get customers with a great business profile
- It gives your customers more ways to reach you
- Here you can get reviews for your business and build customer trust
- You can set up your business hours here
Use the power of social media and video
- THE IMPORTANCE OF VIDEO POSTS:
Google loves videos, so make sure that you successfully build your YouTube channel and connect it to your website. Video builds trust and boosts conversions and sales. You can explain everything through video marketing. It also encourages shares on social media which ultimately brings more organic traffic to your website.
- OPTIMIZE SEO FOR YOUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
Optimize your YouTube videos by using some of the top 10 keywords you researched for before, using the keyword phrases you found people are typing in google
- OPTIMIZE SEO FOR YOUR FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, AND TWITTER ACCOUNTS:
It is very important to have consistency across your social media accounts. This means giving all your profiles a consistent image, relevant bio, and link to your website.
Once you have all of them running smoothly, they will act as perfect backlinks for your website. And you remember that backlinks are one of the 1o ranking factors for successful SEO.
- SOCIAL MEDIA POST SCHEDULING:
A great tool that helps your SEO. There is software where you can program all your posts for Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and Instagram. Consistency is one of the key factors for successful SEO optimization. Google loses consistency. Scheduling your posts will bring exactly that. This also builds interest in your website within your audience.
Just think about how you like to visit certain websites to check what’s new there. You want to build that habit in your audience as well. This is one more reason why you might want to schedule your posts so you have them posted regularly.
My personal reason for doing this is because sometimes I have so much inspiration for writing, that I could write 3 or 4 articles at once. And sometimes I am not in that phase so here comes the benefit of the scheduling posts.
It ensures that my website brings new content even when I am not in a moment of inspiration. And this happens to everyone. Trust me!
Let’s recap: What are the key points for SEO success?
- Find the keywords for your business
- Use social media to drive traffic
- Optimize your website
- Be consistent
If there is anything else I can help you with, please feel free to leave comments in the comment section below. And before you go, I want to assure you that the SEO optimization process is a super fun and exciting process and overall simple when you learn how to do it. It brings great results!
To your success!
I will be more than happy to hear what you think and to read about your online experience. Should you have any questions or concerns or you need my assistance please let me know in the comment section below.